Thursday, August 11, 2011

Move to Colorado

I am no longer in the Williamsburg, VA area. I got married two months ago and have since moved across the country to Superior, Colorado, a suburb area between Denver and Boulder. I am not currently taking orders because Kevin and I are still getting settled in and acclimated to our new home. For now, here is a photo of my wedding cake, which I insisted on decorating.


It was a prop cake, made of styrofoam and covered in fondant. In order to be able to do it ahead of time and not have to worry about the freshness of the cake, I opted to go with a prop cake rather than one to be able to cut and serve. Instead, my mom, sister and one of my bridesmaids, Sarah, put together three different flavors of cake shots while my grandmother and aunt made two different flavors of cobbler to be served in individual jars. So, when it came time to "cut the cake", I ate a red velvet cake shot while Kevin had a mixed berry cobbler. It was delicious and unique and exactly what I wanted.

Keep an eye out for more updates! If you live in the Broomfield/Louisville/Boulder area, I will (hopefully) soon be able to start dishing out more cake creations for your enjoyment!

No comments:

Post a Comment